- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup (120 mL) warm water
- 5 celery stalks chopped
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 package of chicken thighs – about 4 thighs (from costco)
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups of water
I actually used two recipes together and it turned out really well. My son is allergic to dairy and egg but I wanted chicken (I had frozen chicken thighs).
- Place your pressure cooker on HIGH or BROWN and heat up the butter. Season your chicken (salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, cayenne, dill, sage) and brown.
- Add in the onion, celery, carrots, garlic, chicken stock/water and a pinch of salt, pepper. Lock your pressure cooker and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- (Dumpling Mix) In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt with a spatula. Form a well in the middle of the dry mixture and add 2 tablespoons olive oil and warm water. Mix until dough forms in to a sticky ball. Cover with a dish towel and set aside.
- Perform a quick release. Let all the steam out. Take off top. (shredded chicken and threw it all back in)
- Set the pressure cooker back to high. Add in your dumpling mix and let simmer. Leave the lid off.
- Let dumplings simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remember to keep the lid off.
- Turn off the heat. Add some more salt and pepper (to taste) and ENJOY.
It turned out pretty well and everyone loved it except for my kids…sigh off to another recipe!