This one is an easy one for me. I love making this one for the family because it’s so easy and takes like 5-10 minutes to prep and 30 minutes total to finish. I’m new at this writing the recipe down but this website is one of my favorites and they do an amazing job.
- 1 package of vermicelli noodles and water to boil it. It takes about 10 minutes to finish cooking. Set aside to eat with soup.
- I love lots of tomatoes in my Bun Rieu (about 5/6 large ones quartered).
- 1 jar Minced Crab Paste Jar mix half with the pork
- 1 lb of pork
- 1/2 jar of fine shrimp paste for large pot
- salt/pepper/fish sauce ~ 4TBS
Mix the pork with 1 egg, 1 tbs of fine shrimp paste, 1 tbs of crab paste and 1/2tsp of salt 1 tsp of pepper 1 tbs of fish sauce. Mix well.
Boil large pot of water and when it’s ready throw in the quartered tomatoes. Cook for about 10 min or until soft then throw in the pork mixture and stir it all around the pot leaving some meat clumps but not too many. Cook for about 30 min. Then eat immediately and garnish with mint and cilantro if you want. The longer you cook the broth the more flavorful it’ll be.